29 November 2005

I AM OLD

I am officially getting old because I have the following symptoms:
  • back pains
  • knee problems
  • grey hair in my beard
  • getting senior discounts
  • bifocals
  • I am getting ‘crotchety’
  • I tend to find that I am saying “When I was your age” too often
  • No more bar hopping
  • More naps on the weekends during the day, so I can stay up to maybe 11pm

And the kicker is last night (11/28/05) I had to go to the urgent care for what I thought was a possible broken thumb, only to be told that I might have Arthritis! I know it can hit at any time but OMG all these symptoms add up to the same thing, I AM OLD!!! What gets me that in my 20’s I was one of those who turned up the stereo while playing my LP’s or listening to FM rock stations. If I forgot something, it was due to alcohol. In my 30’s I started to turn down the stereo and buy CD’s to replace the vinyl I couldn’t play on my new stereo system listen to the same stations yet starting to listen to talk radio (75% rock -25% talk ). Most of the time if I forgot something it was the ending of the alcohol. Now that I am in my 40’s, I will not buy new CD’s because I do not know any of the newer groups, and I am listening to talk radio more than 90% of the time, and now if I forget something I have nothing to blame it on!

Technorati Tags :