10 January 2006

Cycle Bug

I am getting the get out the bike bug. It is warm enough to not snow, yet cold enough not to take the motorcycle out of storage. I have seen a couple of bikes on the road in the last several days, and that is probably why I am getting that bug. My mind has been going crazy with thoughts of driving on some back roads, getting fresh air in my lungs, bugs in my face and the small towns that I ‘discover’.
I used to take drives in my cars, but I never truly have had the same feeling I get from the bike. In my SUV, I cannot fully enjoy the smells and the world around me. On the bike, I am able to enjoy the scenery and smells that are out there. I am notice more things riding that I ignore while in the SUV. Things like how the roads really drive, how a farmers field really smells, and how people react to motorcycles.
If in the spring to fall I do not blog for several days, I will probably be on the bike. If you see a Vulcan or any other types of bike please give some space. It is just me or one of my fellow bikers enjoying the day.

Technorati Tags :