24 January 2006

Mark Reardon

Mark Reardon

WTMJ truly regrets to announce that Mark Reardon has left Newsradio 620 WTMJ, effective immediately.His leaving is the result of 2006 station budget adjustments.Mark has been a loyal, hard-working employee and we sincerely thank him for his years of service to WTMJ.Mark has certainly been a favorite of many listeners.Both listeners and the station will miss him. We wish him the best.

When I read this my initial reaction was shock. After thinking about it, it does make sense (sorry Mark). But mangements blaming it on "budget adjustments" can not the whole story.

This station carries the Bucks, Brewers, Badgers and the Packers and they pay to broadcast those games. I suspect that the Bucks and the Brewers cut into the time slot that Mark was in, in turn his program was not generating the income wanted by the mangement. Too bad, I enjoyed his program when I was able to listen.

Technorati Tags :