17 January 2006

Why I Blog

In the last several weeks I have revealed that I blog to several friends and associates. The general reaction has been unbelief and/or disdain. Oh, you are on of those, is the most common statement. Then the question of what kind of things do you post is next, and what makes you qualified to blog? Well, I answer with the following:
  • I write about anything I want to talk about
  • I have opinions
  • If I see something wrong I want to get the word out
  • If I see something going well I want to get the word out
  • The local newspaper will not or can not publish everything I or others send to them in the letters to the Editor section
  • Therapy. The last time I was unemployed, I started a diary on my computer that helped to keep me upbeat.
My qualifications or right to blog
  • I am not trained as a reporter and do not represent myself as one, but I can write in coherent sentences
  • I am a citizen of the United States of America
  • The First Amendment gives me the right
  • I have opinions and views on matters that affect me or my family
  • I have a vested interest in what my country does both internally and globally
  • My Beliefs

If you agree or disagree with the opinions expressed, that is no big deal to me. For the most part, we bloggers do not bash opposing views or people, but want a fair and honest debate on the issues that affect us all. Most blogs that I read and have seen are trying to get the other side of the story out into the public.We citizens of this wonderful country have the right and duty to voice or opinions(no matter how assinine).The general public and the mainstream media does not get that point.The MSM has dismissed the blogger and tries to limit or eliminate the forum. Yet, blogging has grown in numbers and include the some of the same MSM people that put this forum down to begin with.BLOG ON!

Technorati Tags : ,